PBC Motorsport, Driving in Europe The Essential Guide
What you must have
1. High visibility vests for the driver and all passengers of your car (must be carried in the car not the boot).
2. First aid kit (again carried in the car not boot)
3. Warning triangle
4. Headlight beam deflectors (fitted at all times day and night)
5. You must also carry your insurance doc’s, MOT and your vehicles V5 (logbook).
What you should have
1. Holiday/Travel/Medical insurance.
2. Breakdown cover (AA/RAC European cover) We recommend ADAC The German recovery company. Worldwide cover is around 80 euro’s.
3. Carry spare wheel/tyre, fan belt, and any other ancillary parts that may be hard to locate for your car.
4. European road map/sat nav (just in case)
Please remember to drive on the RIGHT in all European main land countries, especially when leaving service stations etc... It’s easy to forget and please remember speed limits in France, Belgium and Germany on all main roads, motorways and autobahns that we use have a speed limit of 120kmph (approx 80mph) at all times.